Thursday 4 July 2019

I need a holiday - thank you card for Teacher

Good morning,
It’s getting near the end of term at school - anyone want ideas for a thank you card for a Teacher. Here is mine:
What you need:

Card base - I used a 7x7 card base but you can easily change the backing papers to fit whatever size you choose 

Silver card
Patterned backing papers from your stash
Stamping card 
Distress Oxides - I used 3 in pinks and purples but you can choose your own preference
Versafine black ink pad
Robot stamp is one of Doodlins by Donna - available on her Etsy site
Border stamp from the set of bee stamps from Bee Crafty
Small button die or buttons
Double sided Tape - tacky glue
Paintbrush
Foam pads
White gel
Tiny gems

Here’s what I did:
Firstly I stamped the robot image into stamping card and  used my oxides to colour him in, then detail cut him out (apart from the antenna).

Next, I took my three oxides, stamped them into my blending mat and spritzed them with water.  I then swiped and dabbed a piece of stamping card A6 sized  through it.  Dry this off thoroughly with your heat gun or leave to dry naturally.  Once dry, I splatted the same colours onto the top using a brush and dried it off again.

 I stamped the Robot again, using the Versafine pad, onto the middle of the background and using the darkest oxide randomly stamped some of the background images from Donnas stamps onto the background and stamped one of the Bee Crafty Borders round the outside if this card.

Next, glue the already cut out robot over the top of the stamped background card so that the antennas are in the correct place.  I then used my white gel pen and gems to highlight areas of the Robot.

Finally, layer up the patterned paper and silver card on a jaunty angle (I used double sided tape) and put your robot on top. Add the die cut buttons to the corners and stamp, mat and layer a sentiment to finish off your card.

I hope that made sense, please let me know how you go on! 
See ya l8r
Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Doxies Party

Here’s Doxies Party card made from the new stamp sets from Catherine Pooler Designs made for The Little Paper Tree Instahop. Stamped in the ...